6 Days of Online Training in Couples’ Therapy
Gottman Level 1 (Facilitated Video Presentation) – 2 Days
& Presence Oriented Relationship Therapy Intensive Introduction – 4 Days
Full fees both online trainings $950, Early bird booking by 10 August $850
FACILITATOR & TRAINER
About Steven Dromgool, Relate’s Director
Steven Dromgool is New Zealand’s most cross trained marriage and relationship therapist. Steven’s passion is equipping clinicians effectively and rapidly to dramatically increase their effectiveness and enjoyment in working with couples. Trained in Imago Relationship Therapy, Gottman Method, EFT and PACT, he was a contributor to the development of Humanistic Existential Approach to Relationship Therapy (HEART) and led the Relate Team in the development of Presence Oriented Relationship Therapy (PORT). Steven is also currently studying The Developmental Model.
WHAT IS PORT?
Presence Oriented Relationship Therapy (PORT) Training is designed to prepare trained individual therapists to work effectively and safely with couples.
You will learn to:
- Understand the relevant research about what makes marriage work and what predicts divorce
- Identify the processes shared by all of the top approaches to working with couples
- Deescalate and interrupt escalating conflict between couples
- Understand Avoider/Pursuer dynamics
- Apply the cycle of Relationship and developmental stages couples go through
- Understand and explore common gender and socialisation patterns that influence therapy engagement and outcomes
- Apply the AARNI model to track couples progress in therapy
- Reflect on your own relationships and therapy journey and identify future growth areas
TRAINING TIMES AND DATES
Gottman Level 1 – 11 to 12 September 2020, 8.30am – 4.30pm
PORT – Sunday 5 to Tuesday 7th April 8.30am – 4.30pm
A Zoom invitation will be sent to you via email which you can use to log in each day to attend the training remotely.
You will be able to interact with the other training participants, ask questions and see visual presentations. In addition, a training manual will be sent to you for PORT and a set of notes for Gottman. (Please note, the official Gottman manual is not included in the course fees.)
BOOKINGS AND PAYMENT
Bookings are only confirmed with payment
Please pay now via bank transfer to:
Account Name: RELATE
Account # 060103077831700
Please put your LAST NAME in the reference
Gottman Level 1, 2-day video presentation with live Q & A:
- $370 Full fees
- $320 Early bird by 10 August, Course manual not included
PORT, 4-day presentation, including intensive group work and practice, facilitated by Relate Director, Steven Dromgool:
- $700 Full fees
- $650 before 10 August
Book BOTH trainings:
- $950 Full fees
- $850 Early bird before 10 August
- $50 reduction in your fees if you refer a friend who attends the training – please notify us via email or the booking form (only applicable to referee)
The following cancellation fees will be charged if you choose to cancel or do not attend:
- 4 weeks prior to training – administration fee of $100
- 2 weeks prior to training – 50 % of fee
- Less than one week prior – 100% of workshop fee
At Relate’s discretion, you may be accommodated in future training sessions, should you be unable to attend at late notice. In this event, you will still be obliged to pay the $100 administration fee.
Please book using the form below
By booking and paying for this training you agree that you have read and agree to the above conditions.