WHY JOIN THE RELATE TEAM?
Relate provides our team with:
- A supportive collegial environment with monthly supervision and training sessions
- Additional clients to fill in any gaps in their private practice availability
- Relate pays team members a better share of their fee than EAP’s and community agencies
- Advanced, ongoing training in couples’ therapy
- Exclusive exposure to world-class trainers, eg. Amy Color, Monica Mansilla, Daniel Gummo
- 24hr reception and booking service
- Exposure to +4000 client database
- Promotion via regular media exposure, including national radio and television
- Brand recognition – Relate is considered one of the best practices for couples’ therapy
- Community engagement, including social media, website, Google rankings
- Outstanding website exposure and presentation – we are on the first page of Google search for relationship / couples counselling
- The ability to charge premium rates for sessions
- Access to recently refurbished premises in central Auckland to see clients
- A marketing budget of +$1000 per month
- Opportunity for professional development to become a mentor/trainer with Relate endorsement and exposure to our database, eg. Running couples’ retreats
- Professional administrative support in the form of a Practice Manager, who does:
- client liaising
- billing and invoicing
- booking system support
- website management
- quality control and client feedback
- promotion and production of printed materials, such as business cards, brochures
- manages room bookings and resources
- media output
- facilitates training workshops
We are looking for Auckland Team Members, National Network Members and Auckland Interns (Traineeship Program)
The core strength of Relate – Relationship and Marriage Counselling is our team. We are passionate, experienced couples’ and family therapists, cross-trained in multiple modalities, including Gottman, Imago, EFT, PACT and Relate’s own integrated approach PORT, Presence Oriented Relationship Therapy, developed by our team under the supervision of Steven Dromgool. Our vision is to enable Kiwi’s to transform their relationships and create love that lasts, and we do that by providing outstanding practice, by engaging in ongoing training and regular collegial supervision.
Our team are supported by a practice manager who takes responsibility for administration, room allocations and invoicing, oversees advertising, online marketing and media promotion. As a team member, you will benefit from our 24hr reception service that takes bookings and payments for you directly – no more answering your phone after hours. The RELATE team also receives frequent media exposure on radio and TV, as well as having a strong presence in community-building social media platforms that bring clients to Relate for expert help.
Relate also offers the use of our recently refurbished Victoria Park Offices in Central Auckland to our team at reasonable rates. Bookings are for half or full days, or by the hour when available.
We are currently looking for people in three main areas – Auckland Team Members, National Network Members and Auckland Interns (Traineeship Program). Details below.
To apply for a position please contact the practice manager, Ms Corinne Loxton, on email@example.com
AUCKLAND TEAM MEMBERS
We are looking for experienced couples and relationship counsellors – to join our Auckland team. This is a contract position that would suit someone with an existing private practice who wishes to gain more collegial connection and support and focus their practice more on relationship counselling.
We are looking for experienced relationship and couples’ counsellors in private practice, who:
- are trained in at least one specialist couples’ therapy approach
- have at least 200 hours experience working with couples
- are in private practice with the space for an extra two or more couples
- would like to connect into a larger network of passionate, cross-trained couples’ and family therapists
- are keen to access world class training and have regular supervision
Our practice is based in Central Auckland, in Relate’s newly refurbished offices in Victoria Park Markets. Office space is available for suitable applicants at a reasonable rental, however many contractors use their own premises around Auckland.
Please note that the monthly, online team supervision meetings, are compulsory for all team members.
NATIONAL NETWORK MEMBERS
Do you work in New Zealand, outside Auckland?
Are you a specialist relationship and couples’ counsellor, trained in at least one couples’ therapy modality?
Do you have at least 200 hours experience working with couples?
Would like to connect into a larger network of passionate, cross-trained couples’ and family therapists?
Are you in private practice with the space for an extra few couples?
Would you like access to world class trainers and the opportunity to be part of developing an Integrated Relationship Therapy with a distinctly kiwi multicultural flavour?
Would you like to be part of a group contributing to the national discourse on relationships?
AUCKLAND RELATE INTERN PROGRAMME
Are you entering your final year of study or recently completed your counselling degree and have at least 100 hours counselling experience?
Are you passionate about working with couples and relationships?
Do you have a couple of days a week to devote to some serious training and upskilling in couples work?
Are you self-motivated and independent? Are you flexible and able to pursue training opportunities based around the senior counselling team’s availability and are you ready to bring your passion and care to make mistakes and learn?
The Relate Intern Programme is a unique and valuable opportunity to engage in intensive training and supervision. The traineeship typically takes about a year to complete. During that time interns undergo extensive training and mentoring specifically in Gottman Method and Integrated Couples Therapy. Interns are also exposed to training in Imago Relationship Therapy and Emotionally Focussed Therapy. As an intern, you will be expected to attend all fortnightly team meetings and have supervision with senior team members. You will have the opportunity to sit in on client sessions with senior team members and in time, you will be able to counsel couples under direct supervision and for payment.
This traineeship is designed to be a pathway into joining the Relate Team in Auckland. Upon completion of 200 hours of couples’ therapy, exceptional candidates will be invited to join the team.
For further information regarding the Relate Intern Programme see: https://www.relate.kiwi.nz/professionals/the-relate-internship-programme/
Include your name, phone number and the best times of day to receive a call. She will then give you a call to explain the application and onboarding process, discuss your suitability and answer your questions.