Margo enjoys working with couples that are experiencing sexual, emotional or intimacy issues.
She believes that romantic partnerships are the most precious relationships we have and should get regular nourishment to thrive and flourish. She loves seeing people break free of negative conflict, repair trust, improve communication and find renewed passion.
Some of the common reasons clients seek counselling with Margo are:
- Poor communication/conflict
- Feeling disconnected/unappreciated
- Wanting to enhance love, empathy, understanding and self awareness
- Any addiction issues (alcohol, drugs, work,smoking, sex, pornography)
- Anger management
- Work related stress/anxiety
- Lack of sexual desire
- Mismatched libido
- Male and female sexual arousal dysfunction
- Erectile dysfunction
- Painful intercourse
- Erotic recovery after an affair
- Hurt, shame, trauma associated with sexuality
- Body image issues
- Single and wanting to attract a loving healthy relationship
Having previously worked in the corporate environment, she has special appreciation for how the stresses of modern working life can negatively impact individuals and their relationships with both themselves and others. Her approach is systemic, solution-focused and tailored to each individual’s needs and desires. Her passion is to transform negative, unhealthy patterns of relating into passionate, positive, connected relationships that result in living a joyous, meaningful, fulfilling life with self and others.
Margo has trained in Family Therapy, Gottman Therapy, CBT, and Neuro-linguistic programming. She has completed post-graduate studies in counselling, specialising in female sexual desire, cultural issues, trauma, domestic abuse and grief at the University of Auckland. In addition, Margo has gained work experience in DARA (World class drug and alcohol residential treatment centre), CADS (Community Alcohol and Drugs Services), Family Action (Sexual Abuse and Trauma Counselling), ProCare (group facilitator running Stop Smoking workshops for organisations throughout Auckland).