Integrating Relationship Therapy
The 20 Hour Primer Course
- Are you interested in working more powerfully and effectively with couples?
- Do you get overwhelmed wondering which approach would suit you best?
- Would you like a chance to try the different approaches before committing to more intensive training?
- Are you a coach, minister, doctor, social worker or other professional who works regularly with people in relationship distress? If so we have a special offer for you.*
- Are you a complete novice wondering how to get started and if relationship work is for you?
- Are you trained in a specialist model and wondering how to incorporate findings from other models?
If so this course is for you. This intensive 3 day training will deepen your work as a couple's therapist. The IRT intensive is a summary of the in-house training delivered to the Relate Counselling Interns. Our goal was to expose them broadly to the effective interventions available within Imago Relationship Therapy, Emotionally Focussed Therapy (EFT), Gottman Method Therapy, Psychobiological Approach to Couples Therapy (PACT) and the Mindful Integrated Relationship Therapy Approach. Elements from Narrative Therapy, Crucible Therapy, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), micro expressions and body language are also considered.
Our goal was not to simply drown our interns in random information but to give them a coherent integrated model that enabled them to track moment by moment in therapy if the couple was making progress and how to keep things on track. We also wanted them to have an overview model that enabled them to track the couples progression in therapy.
This model was developed by Steven Dromgool as an integration of his training in Imago, Gottman, EFT and PACT. The progression model has been incorporated in Mindful Integrated Relationship Therapy (MIRT) the new evidence based approach to couples therapy training developed by Dr Monica Mansilla. The overview model was developed in conjunction with the Relate senior team. These two models massively simplify the process for newer therapists. For more experienced clinicians trained in one or more models it enables them to effectively integrate their current strengths while considering contributions from other therapy models. What this means is that clinicians are not simply applying random theories and interventions but are working intentionally and mindfully.
Highlights of the 20 hour training:
- The cycle of relationship
- A relational brain model
- Research based predictors of divorce and happiness in relationships
- An introduction to Mindful Integrated Relationship Therapy (MIRT) - the 1st evidence based couples therapy training model
- An Integrated model to track your progress in therapy
- Live demo's contrasting the different approaches
- Tracking micro-expressions
- and more . . .
Date: 22nd -24th February 2018
Cost: $495 ($450 Early Bird prior 15th January)
Full-time Students $250
Location: Level 1 Training Room, Leys Institute, Ponsonby, Auckland
Time: 9:00 – 5:00 pm Thursday, Friday
9:00 - 4:00 pm Saturday
Morning and Afternoon tea provided
If you are a coach or minister or other non-clinician you have the option to skip the last day of training which is largely practical. The cost is reduced to $350. You are still welcome to attend the final day and in my experience most people benefit a lot from that.
Coming Soon - The Relate Road Trip
We plan to do a series of road trips in 2018 to bring IRT training and possibly some couples weekends to some of the smaller centres around Auckland. If this sounds of interest to you please email email@example.com